This item can be restored. Please see 1916 National Cash Register/Restoration
This piece seems authentic, but it's not in the greatest shape. I'd estimate its value at 300.
- Fact 1: National Cash Register sold 95% of all the cash registers in 1912.
- Fact 2: The company was deemed a monopoly and sued by the federal government in 1913.
- Fact 3: National Cash Register was purchased by AT&T in 1991 for $7.4 billion.
- Fact 4: Cash registers were first invented in order to minimize employee theft and were originally called the "Incorruptible Cashier"
- Fact 5: Today, National Cash Register is known as NCR and primarily manufactures ATMs, self-checkout or "fast lane" machines, and point of sale terminals.