Oh yes, this is the fabled impact detonator grenade made for the OSS. Last time I saw one of these it went for 2000, because not many were made.
- Fact 1: This was an impact detonating grenade made by Eastman Kodak for the OSS, predecessor of the CIA.
- Fact 2: It was made to look like a baseball because the designers figured every American boy would be comfortable throwing it.
- Fact 3: The first grenades were used in 15th century Europe
- Fact 4: The term "grenade" derives from the French word for pomegranate
- Fact 5: 75,000,000 grenades were made during World War I.